Sunday, July 24, 2016

Shrimp and Crab Salad

Shrimp and Crab Salad

Day 130

This recipe is all mine. I absolutely love shrimp salad, and recently had the chance to enjoy a local restaurant, Catonsville Gourmet. It has been on my restaurant list for quite some time since so many people have repeatedly raved about it, and now I see why it is a local landmark. They have a sandwich called the “Oceans 11” that is a crab cake and shrimp salad club with smoked thick-cut bacon, lettuce, tomato, and mayo. It is heavenly.

My visit to Catonsville Gourmet inspired me to create my own shrimp salad, but I chose to add the twist of crabmeat to make it more textured and dynamic.

For the first meal, I served this seafood salad on wraps, with hearty leaves of spinach and a drizzle of horseradish mayo. The second time, I served it for lunch, with thin rosemary crisps, pictured here.

I hope you like it!

Shrimp and Crab Salad

Ingredients:
1 lb. cooked shrimp, chopped in hearty chunks
1 cup fresh claw crabmeat, rough chopped
¼ cup chopped fresh dill
2 tbs. dill pickle relish
1 small onion, chopped finely
2 cloves garlic, minced
2-3 celery stalks, chopped
½ tbs. black pepper
Old Bay seasoning, to taste
1 tbs. Dijon mustard
¼- ½ cup real mayonnaise


Directions:
Combine shrimp, crab, dill, relish, onion, garlic, celery, Dijon mustard, and black pepper. Stir to mix. Start with ¼ cup of mayo. Stir. If you like a creamier seafood salad, add more mayo. Add Old Bay in small increments, then taste and add more seasoning if desired. Remember, since you can’t take away seasoning, adding judiciously is important; Old Bay is salty!

No comments:

Post a Comment